Monday, August 22, 2016

Baptism!

Holy cow this week was pretty awesome! I had my first baptism on
Saturday it was Trulee Hales a 9 year old little girl who's parents
have been inactive and recently started coming back to church so my
trainer and her previous companion got to teach her and commit her to
baptism and I got to come in and help with the last few lessons and
witness the baptism it was so cool! She is the sweetest thing and has
such a strong testimony it's awesome. Other than that things are super
busy here in vernal! Me and my companion cover 7 wards ( a whole
stake) and have about 4-5 lessons a day and our slowest days are
Friday and Saturday so we catch up on contacting referrals mostly with
that time. Other than that this week was just full of lessons and
contacting less active members in the area. I was also asked to speak
in sacrament meeting yesterday in one of our wards and it was really
cool! I spoke on the conference talk "The healing ointment of
forgiveness" by elder Duncan April 2016 and afterwards someone asked
for a copy of my talk to I said oh sure it's in the ensign and she was
like no your talk like with your notes and stuff and I was so shocked
cause I never feel like I give good talks but apparently she really
liked it so I emailed it to her even though I felt like it wasn't all
that great haha. My favorite quote from that though was when he said
"When we apply the healing ointment of the Savior’s Atonement, He will
soften our heart and help us to change. He can heal the wounded soul"
I love the fact that through the atonement we can be healed from
anything that has happened no matter how deep the hurt. Jesus Christ
felt it all and knows how to comfort us perfectly if we will ask for
his help and have faith that we can be comforted and forgiven. I am so
grateful for the opportunity I have to be serving a mission here in
Vernal and helping bring others unto Christ there is really nothing I
would rather be doing at this time in my life. A funny story to end my
email would be that when we walked into our second church meeting
yesterday the bishop came up to me and said "The little people are
here!" all excited which was the weirdest thing ever but pretty
hilarious my companion was trying not to cry she was laughing so hard
haha. I hope everyone has a great week!

Love from Vernal,
Sister







No comments:

Post a Comment