Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Last week in the MTC

Honestly, this week went a lot smoother than the last which was nice! We do these things called TRC's where we teach 2 investigators (or a member playing and investigator) about 4 times a week 25 minutes each then the next week you get 2 new ones. Its been the coolest experience ever to develop a love and understanding for someone so quickly! I love teaching with my companion we have gotten into a groove and work so well together. My teachers here are just so great and I've loved learning from them and feeling of their love for me. I honestly feel like I'm learning something new every day and growing spiritually. Some highlights of this week were getting creamery ice cream and subway it was the bomb cause the food here sucks so getting real life food outside of the MTC walls is such a blessing haha. Also the millers and Piper Alkonis both sent me cookies and it was heaven sent because I got them at just the right time it was a huge blessing so thank you!! Something funny that happened this week was at lunch time one day all the provo missionaries in my district ( there are 6 of us) got called to the information desk and so our friends going to montana were all joking that we are getting reassigned to a different mission so when we went to the desk they just gave us a letter from our mission president saying when we are getting picked up next tuesday but we decided to prank them and tell them we all got reassigned like they thought and it was hilarious because they bought it and got so excited for us their reactions were just priceless it was a good time haha. Other than that I am just so happy to be entering the mission field next tuesday even though I'm going down the street I'm still just super pumped to get my mission started and get to work. A scripture that I really like in the Book of Mormon that I've seen happen to me countless times since I've been here in the MTC is in 1st Nephi 1:20 the end of the verse says " But behold I nephi will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen because of their faith to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." I have seen this blessing become real in my life and I know that all of you can too if you will keep the commandments and ask Heavenly Father sincerely for his help! I hope all is well back at home I love you all! Have a great week! 


--
Love, Sister Dunkley

No comments:

Post a Comment