Monday, September 26, 2016

So much to do so little time

I think the subject of the email pretty much sums up my week. This week has been a little more stressful than others because of transfers and getting a new companion to show around the area and get to know. My new companion is Sister Lenogon from the Philippines and she's the best! We are getting better at communicating but it's rough sometimes because all she wants to do is just talk to me in Tagalog and have me understand because after all day speaking in English she gets headaches and I can't imagine how hard that is having to translate everything and not understanding people in lessons. We had a lot of people cancel on us this week which was a bummer but it gave us more time to plan and set goals for the transfer which was nice. I really want to help the area grow so much in these next 5 weeks so I'm hoping we can do that as we work our hardest. It's already getting cold here and I want to cry because it's not even October yet what the heck vernal!! I'm breaking out my tights boots and coats knowing that it's only going to get colder and darker earlier which makes finding houses at night miserable but I'm learning. On Thursday me and my companion team taught an investigator with our District leader and his companion and it was the coolest thing ever. This woman has had bad experiences in the past with elders and since she lives in their area the AP's asked us to go over and help teach so that she feels more comfortable and safe since it's not just her and the elders. We spent a lot of the time talking about her faith and why she wants to be baptized and it was just so cool to see how prepared she was. I really felt the spirit in her house testifying to her of the truth of our message and helping her feel comfortable with the elders. At the end of the lesson she said "I guess you were right sister Dunkley these guys aren't so bad!" It made me laugh so hard because ever since I met her I've been trying to talk up the elders to her so she would be excited to meet them and it worked! Miracles happen people. I honestly say that like 5 times a day haha.  Saturday night was heaven sent for me I had been stressing and wet from all the rain and just so done with the day when I remembered we had dinner and the women's general session of conference! Best thing of my life. It was exactly what I needed to help me relax and regroup from a hard day/week. I learned so much about being a woman of faith and gaining a "bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Jesus Christ". Another thing I read this week that I loved was 

"Conversion is an offering of self, of love, and of loyalty we give to God in gratitude for the gift of testimony.
A testimony is spiritual knowledge of truth obtained by the power of the Holy Ghost. Continuing conversion is constant devotion to the revealed truth we have received--with a heart that is willing and for righteous reasons. Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion. We should know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel."
Elder Bednar 'Converted unto the Lord' Oct. 2012

I hope you are all doing well and have a great week! The church is true and I'm so grateful for the blessing it is to be the Lord missionary here in Vernal even though I might freeze to death pretty soon haha. 

Love From Vernal, 
Sister Dunkley




No comments:

Post a Comment