Monday, October 31, 2016

No longer a greenieπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ’š

Hey everyone! 

Today is a special day because I've finally finished my training and we get to watch Zootopia tonight while we are locked into the chapel yay!!! I'm so pumped. I love the 12 week program but it feels so good to be done and to not have an extra hour of study anymore haha. This week was pretty good here in Vernal! Lots of treats since it's Halloween and people houses are all decorated it's so cool everyone goes all out for Halloween here it's so fun to see! Sister Lenogon has never celebrated Halloween before so she thinks it's the coolest thing ever it's so cute how excited she gets about it haha. We went to a couple ward parties this week so she could see what it's like to trick or treat and she loved it it was awesome. We got 2 new investigators this week!! So exciting. One is Marley she is a sophomore at Uintah High and we went to her house looking for someone else and it turns out she's never been baptized but has been interested for awhile so that was way cool! The other one is Savannah a 10 year old her mom is a member but the dad isn't and doesn't really want anything to do with the church but is fine with them going and with her being baptized so that's good! It's sad to see when one parent just doesn't care and wants nothing to do with us but it's hard here in Utah so many people get offended by someone in the church and have no desire to go back. It's taught me so much about the importance of just being kind. Stop caring about what others do and how they live their lives we aren't the judges of others we are commanded to love them no matter who they are and to forgive everyone. So many people here would go to church if we all just tried harder to love our neighbors and not judge people. I have to work on that everyday but I've noticed a change in myself when I try hard to have charity for everyone I can have the spirit with me. If I'm thinking about how dumb it is that this guy is less active when he knows the church is true I can't have the spirit and I'm being insensitive and rude. I'm grateful for the atonement that helps me improve and forgives me of my shortcomings (which are many) because without it I wouldn't be able to be an effective missionary. There's a quote a sister missionary shared with me a couple weeks back that I found hilarious as well as so true 

Nothing ever said is more true than this statement haha. No matter what we are all divine children of a loving Heavenly Father and nothing can change that. 

I hope everyone has a great week and try's harder to be kinder to everyone around I know I will! 

Happy Halloween eat some candy for me! 

Love From Vernal, 
Sister Dunkley



No comments:

Post a Comment