Monday, December 19, 2016

Nephi: Gods Country

Hi everyone! 

This week has been crazy but so good! I LOVE my new area and companion we have been having a blast these last couple days I just know this transfer will be great! She has been in this area as long as I've been on my mission so she knows it pretty well which is nice! She has trained and been a sister training leader for a while so I'm excited to learn from her and have a good time. Her name is sister Reynolds from Salem Virginia and she's awesome. Nephi is pretty small but Vernal got me used to small places so I'm really comfortable here. I like being out on the Wasatch Front because it's beautiful and I'm so close to the mission home compared to before it's a blessing for sure! I've already had my first encounter with the black ice here and needless to say I lost the fight. Thank goodness we have a car and I don't have to walk a whole lot but I'm going to be more careful because my back can't take another bad fall like that... it's a good thing I'm closer to the ground than most people at least that's what my companion says haha. The people I've met here are awesome and our little apartment is adorable we love it here. It's tiny but it's home I like it. Here in Nephi we cover 2 stakes all the way from Levan up to Rocky Ridge a polygamist community and yes we have an investigator there.. we can't proselyte there so we meet at the closest church building. His family is the TV show "My 5 wives" if anyone's seen it so no big deal I'm just teaching a tv star haha jk. We are teaching one of the 18 year old kids in the family who is moving out and wants to join the church he's really awesome! Lots of questions but he's really great. It's cool having a bigger area and a lot more wards to cover because you meet tons of people and they are all so nice it's great! It has its challenges but I feel really blessed to be serving here. The Lord has wonderful things in store for me and my companion in the next couple weeks I just know it. I hope every one has a merry Christmas and keep Christ at the center of your celebrations! He is what brings us true and lasting joy :)  "The peace of Christmas is “the peace of God, which passeth all understanding.” It is the peace that the Apostle Paul promised would “keep [our] hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” And Paul was right. That peace we seek is only through and because of Jesus Christ." President Eyring 2016 Christmas Devotional. 

Love from Nephi
Sister Dunkley 





No comments:

Post a Comment