Monday, March 20, 2017

Tender mercies of the Lord/8 months!

Hey everyone!

The highlight of this week was that we got to go to the temple! I
realized that we forgot to take any pictures but nonetheless it was
still awesome. We went with the Delta and Wellington sisters and it
was so fun to see Sister Gold! She was my sister training leader in
Vernal and is from Glendora and one of my favorite people ever it was
so great to see her! We all got little ceasars pizza afterwards but
there were no tables or chairs to eat at so we parked in the church
parking lot and ate pizza like the mature adults we are it was
hilarious but we had fun and that's all that matters haha.

Can I just say sometimes I'm so glad I'm serving in utah because I
learn SO much about how I want to be as well as how I don't want to be
when I'm an old returned missionary. Y'all there are some great people
here that we work with and it teaches us what it looks like to fulfill
your calling and I'm just so grateful for how much they teach me and
help me be better. It's so humbling being a missionary especially when
you're asked to speak in multiple sacrament meetings and have zero
time to prepare (yesterday) and you feel like you did horribly but
someone tells you it wasn't that bad and you thank the Lord you didn't
mess up the entire sacrament meeting. Man the blessings are real! I
have grown to not like speaking on my mission which is bad because we
do it all the time. I just don't like not being able to prepare and
give more of my attention to my talk but the spirit makes up for the
difference it's such a blessing. I was asked to speak on the Book of
Mormon and tender mercies and both were suck powerful things for me to
study and prepare more.

I thought of when I was flying to the MTC from Saint George back in
July I had to say goodbye to my mom and I was officially alone and
super sad. Well I get through security and sit down and am holding
myself together and trying not to cry in front of a bunch of strangers
when I see Rachel's cousin Simone walk up and sit next to me it was
the coolest thing! We get talking and she asks me what seat I'm
assigned to on the plane and low and behold it's the one right next to
her. Immediately starting my mission the Lord is pouring down tender
mercies on me it was so overwhelming to feel His love for me through
that experience.

So I want y'all to be more attentive this week to tender mercies and
how the Lord blesses you everyday! I know as you do that you'll feel
the spirit and Heavenly fathers love for you so strongly and you'll
have a greater sense of gratitude for the tender mercies of the Lord.

Also today I hit 8 months since I entered the MTC🎉
So cool!

Sorry this was a longer one I hope y'all have a great week!

Love from Nephi,

Sister Dunkley


No comments:

Post a Comment