Monday, March 6, 2017

Transfer #6 plus baptisms!!

This week was pretty good! We had a lot to do to prepare for the
baptisms we had this weekend but it was more than worth it because
they all went smoothly and the spirit was so strong! Baptismal
services are so special and I was so grateful to be apart of 3 this
week. One of the best parts about someone getting baptized is when
they receive the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting and the whole ward is
able to feel the spirit and be apart of that ordinance it is so
special.

I got sick the other day so my mind is pretty foggy and I can't really
collect my thoughts so I'm sorry if this email sucks. But yeah we had
some crazy snow storms, them 55 degree weather and then more snow last
night. Needless to say Utah is a bit crazy and can't make up its mind
what season it wants to be in so that's fun!..... not.

Oh well. Being a missionary is just the greatest and I love it! I got
asked in our zone meeting why I stayed on my mission and it really
made me think. First off it's a little embarrassing cause it's a super
personal question to be asked in front of a bunch of missionaries and
second off I don't like talking in meetings in the first place but it
ended up being a good experience for me. It helped remind me why I'm
here and why I have no desire to leave my mission. I get a front row
seat everyday to witness the miracle of the gospel of Jesus Christ and
how it can change people's lives. I get to help bring the spirit into
people's homes and lives and Heavenly Father trusts me to help bring
his children closer to him it's amazing! I just know that this work is
so special and rewarding. The things I'm learning are going to help me
for the rest of my life there's nothing more I could ever ask for.

I feel like this week all I've been learning about is the atonement
and the wonderful blessing it is in our lives. I am so grateful for
our savior Jesus Christ who suffered for our sins so that we could
repent and be clean, and suffered for our pains, sicknesses,
afflictions, and temptations so that he could be able to perfectly
comfort and heal us. I love the scripture in 3rd Nephi 9:13 that says
"13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they,
will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be
converted, that I may heal you?" Christ truly is the master healer if
we will come to Him and let Him heal us :)

Have a great week sorry this email is a little lame! Also haven't
heard about transfer so we will see what happens later today 😬

Love from Nephi,
Sister Dunkley



No comments:

Post a Comment