Monday, January 23, 2017

My first official transfer call

So first off we got transfer calls last night and me and sis Reynolds
literally got what we wanted it was crazy!! She got re called as a
sister training leader at BYU central and I'm staying and training a
new missionary I'm super excited but super nervous!! This transfer has
helped me so much and I'm excited to see where this next one will take
me. I'm really nervous to train a new missionary but it will be great
I'm sure!! This week was really good though we had a lot of work and
saw a lot of progress with our investigators it was awesome! We found
some new investigators and had a baptism it was so great! Ravens the
best I'm so happy for her! I'm really thrown for a loop with transfer
calls so this isn't going to be the best email sorry my mind is racing
and not functioning properly haha.

For a spiritual thought I'll share something I read in studies this
week. This whole month I've been studying charity because our Zone
leaders invited us to and it's been a really cool experience. I came
across a conference talk from this past October women's session and in
the talk it says "the greatest form of charity may be to withhold
judgment." I've seen this as a missionary in different ways. First off
if we were better at withholding judgment there would be a lot less
offended people, and if missionaries judge people's readiness to hear
the gospel they could be missing out on a golden investigator. This
week I skyped into a baptism that happened in my last area for someone
I taught my whole time in Vernal and we almost dropped her like 3
times because she wasn't keeping commitments but because we never gave
up on her she got baptized and is doing so well! That testified to me
that the spirit will help us have the gift of discernment if we choose
to listen to it and not to judge. I'm so grateful for the blessings I
see every day in my life and for the wonderful opportunity it is to be
serving.

Love y'all have a great week!

Love From Nephi,
Sister Dunkley







No comments:

Post a Comment