Monday, January 2, 2017

🐥- fil-a

Not a whole lot happened this week other than we had to be in Provo Tuesday for a meeting and we got chick fil a and I wanted to cry of happiness it was the best thing ever! (Hence the title of my email) other than that pretty solid missionary week. We had some great lessons with investigators which was good but none of them went to church so that was a bummer but there's always next week! We just keep telling ourselves that haha. We are currently getting this weird combo of snow and hail so that's cool.. utah weather is weird as heck sometimes not gunna lie. Funny story of the week, during a phone call with the elders in our district at the end of of them yelled "love you appropriately sisters!" And his companion says "why'd you say that you're so weird!" And we all just busted up laughing and now we all tell each other we love you appropriately in honor of elder Ingersoll it's the greatest. So yeah here's my spiritual thought for the week! 

"Sometimes we can learn, study, and know, and sometimes we have to believe, trust, and hope." General conference oct. 2016 Elder Ballard  

Faith is such an important principle to Heavenly Father because it's how we learn and grow. It's how we show him our devotion and that we are trying and that we trust him. All he asks is for us to trust him. There have been plenty of times on my mission where I've just wanted to shake my head and say what are you thinking Heavenly Father I can't do this I can't handle this situation why did you put me here? But when we learn how much He truly loves us and wants us to become better we will be more able to trust Him and His timing. He has a specific plan for each of us and falling away from the church or becoming angry or bitter towards God does nothing but push us farther away from happiness. I've seen that in the lives of so many people in Utah who get offended or loose faith and you can tell no matter what is happening in their life they aren't happy. There's no way around the fact that we can only be happy when we have faith in Christ and his atonement that heals us spiritually and makes it possible for us to live with him and our Heavenly Father again. There are times when we doubt things because we are hurt or confused but we can choose to let that strengthen our faith or weaken it. It's 100% up to us. I love this gospel and the chance I have to bear my testimony on it each day and multiple times a day. No greater joy or peace comes then from doing that I'm sure of it. Please never lose hope and always strive to strengthen your faith because Christ will never let us down. It's not in His nature to do so. 

Ok rant over haha. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoy the new year! 

Love from Nephi, 
Sister Dunkley





No comments:

Post a Comment