Monday, February 6, 2017

I've got nothing

Not going to lie I'm too lazy to come up with a subject line this week so yeah.. This week was pretty rad! We had a ton of people make it out to church yesterday it was awesome and I'm so grateful for fasting and how much it works! Life in Utah is the usual trying to not freeze and meet people that aren't members already can be tough at times. Something hilarious that happened the other night was we were out trying to contact a referral and none of the houses on the street had numbers so we decided just to knock on a random door and ask if they were who we were looking for. So who's house do we end up knocking on? That's right, our ward mission leaders. But did me and Dalley know that they were our ward mission leader for that ward.... nope! So he answers the door and we ask him if he's the person we were trying to find and he says no and my companion says "well are you familiar with the LDS church?" And he busts up laughing and tells us he's our ward mission leader and I was SO embarrassed. You can't blame me though because it's not like he's ever showed up to our meetings but still mega awkward we had a good laugh about it later when we got home though it was pretty funny. Only in Utah. We had a meeting in Spanish Fork on Friday with our mission President and the missionaries serving in the area and it was really good! We talked a lot about the new schedule and how to best use the extra time it's given us I really appreciated what they had to say about it. Other than that not a whole lot happened, Nephi is great and I learn more about polygamists everyday it's interesting haha. On that note I guess I'll share my spiritual thought since I can't come up with anything else to say..   
"Obedience to the Lord’s commandments provides us confidence in our chosen path, qualifies us for His guidance and direction as we pursue our efforts, and offers us the potential to become like our Savior, Jesus Christ, and return to our Father’s presence"
Bruce A. Carlson April 2010 General Conference 

I hope y'all have a great week! 

Love from Nephi, 
Sister Dunkley 







No comments:

Post a Comment